NAIE is currently working on a Code of Ethics and we are in the process of scheduling community checks. Here is the information about that:
- We need your help in recruiting parents, deaf educators, deaf interpreters, and other stakeholder groups to participate in our community checks discussion for the NAIE Code of Ethics draft.
- Please forward the application and details to your networks to help us recruit enough participants.
- Copy link to the application: http://bit.ly/naiecommchecks
- As part of our 2019-2021 Strategic Plan, the NAIE has convened a task force that has been working diligently over the past year drafting a code of ethics for educational interpreters and is now ready to solicit community feedback.
- Taskforce members will lead discussion groups with stakeholders around the draft code of ethics. We are seeking volunteer participants to support this next stage of development.
- Community checks will be scheduled during the week of December 6th-12th depending on participant availability.
- If you are interested in participating, all it will take is two hours of your time. If you are selected and participate in a discussion group, you will be entered into a drawing to win a $50 Amazon gift card.
- To volunteer, please complete our participant application form no later than November 15th.
- For specific questions about the Ethics Task Force or the community checks please contact Deb Cates at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Click here to learn more!